complex665 2F, 6-5-24, Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo, 106-003203-6447-2234/Tel
3 minute walk from Hibiya or Oedo Line Roppongi station (Exit 3)
- Namshil Lee Nayuta Otani Yusuke Mitsufuji Keisuke Katsuki Momoko Yamada Shigeo Muto Yoko Harada
- 1988 Feb.
- Established Private Limited Company S by S, Chiyoda-ku
- 2000 Apr.
- Started ShugoArts
- 2003 Jan.
- Opened a gallery in Shinkawa, Chuo-ku
- 2005 Nov.
- Moved to Kiyosumi, Koto-ku
- 2015 Jun.
- Closed the gallery in Kiyosumi
- 2015 Jun.
- Moved Office/Storage to Kaigan, Minato-ku
- 2015 Sep.
- Opened a ShugoArts Weekend Gallery in Mishuku, Setagaya-ku
- 2016 Sep.
- Closed the gallery in Mishuku
- 2016 Oct.
- Opened a new gallery at complex665 in Roppongi, Minato-ku
Today, it has gotten much easier to appreciate various artworks of all times and places and their meanings, as well as spaces exhibiting artworks, need to be redefined, including contemporary art galleries. ShugoArts prioritizes how to realize artists’ own growth as artists or make the most of their accomplishments. In order to nurture their abilities and possibilities, we provide our space for artists to express themselves freely and follow their artistic journeys side by side. Under any circumstances, our mission is to work and grow together with artists who ceaselessly create artworks, which shine a light on life and give it validation.
ShugoArts holds about 7 exhibitions a year and participates in national and international art fairs while simultaneously managing commissions for public spaces and organizing performance and talk events. In addition, we also would like to be a part of art histories at large by creating invaluable archives and assisting art institutions.